Our first half is dominated by the case of convicted rapist Brock Turner, and rape culture in general. Our second half is focused, of course, on the primaries.
Not many notes for this show, as our producer was somehow put in the moderators chair. Hope you enjoy!
Further Reading (Supplied by Sue!)
- Trump Sanders debate might signal just how much the big parties that govern America have lost control of the presidential nomination…. Christian Science Monitor
- Bernie Sanders questioned on his knowlege of private sector and job creation by KFI radio staff. He walks out of interview. Buzzfeed.
- Trumps casual racism toward native americans: Calling Elizabeth Warren Pocohontas for example and why it was so bad. (Other candidates said insensitive things also). Cultural Editor Simon Moya-Smith at Indian Country Today. Origin of Pocohontas name etc. Interview on KXLF.
- Hillary Clinton email scandal: Other Secretaries of State also guilty, but guidance became more strict during her tenure. (Colin Powel deleted all his AOL State Dept. emails)
- 32,000 emails from HRC: read them for yourself.
Its been two weeks since our last show, and good golly things have gone down. Get ready for an animated and dense conversation with Sue, Stefan, and Mike.
Trump and Clinton sweep through the most recent primaries, and we again go to what that means, why do we vote like this, and where do we go from here?
Satanists are furious that Boehner compared Ted Cruz to the Dark Lord
Donald Trump Climbs Wall To Avoid Protests At California GOP Convention
Brooklyn Election Official Suspended for Reportedly Botching Voter Roll, Purging 125,000 Names
Supreme Court Sets Deadline On Lower Court’s Texas Voter ID Law Ruling
Bernie Sanders to Cut Hundreds of Staff Members and Focus on California
Journalist hit with anti-Semitic hate mail after profile on Trump’s wife
Ex-Reserve Deputy Who Confused Gun With Taser, Killing Suspect, Is Convicted
New York’s primary and the future schedule kicks off our first half. Then we touch on how former felons get voting rights back in Virginia. In the second half of the show we start off on the Uber lawsuit and settlement, and move on to how surge pricing can affect the public.
Starting off we talk about how the GOP Convention could work… and not work. Or work in weird ways.
In the second half its all about the Democratic Debate on 4/14.
Further Reading (wow a lot!):
Looks Like New York Republicans Haven’t Forgotten About Ted Cruz’s “Values” Dig
GOP’s convention Rules 37 and 38
GOP Delegate: Trump Primary Wins ‘Absolutely Irrelevant’ At Convention
Broad Stroke: Several online items have misleadingly claimed that Ted Cruz tried to ban dildoes in Texas
Democrats to sue Arizona officials over primary voting problems
Mayor Greg Stanton’s letter to DOJ – City of Phoenix
Lightning strikes more common in Texas than in-person voter fraud, says Cory Booker
Donald Blankenship Sentenced to a Year in Prison in Mine Safety Case
Peabody Energy Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
Fact-checking Bill Clinton’s Philly defense of his controversial crime bill
Free Markets? Tesla Battles Car Dealers Over Right To Sell Cars
Tonight we start off speaking about the release of the Panama Papers, and return to speaking about the ongoing primaries. In the second half we continue with the primary process, and end speaking on the “bathroom bills” being approved in various states.